29 June 2008

Well lookit here

Wouldn't it be spectacular to get paid to write about beer?

I don't, but I would.

My name is Amanda. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA. I just graduated from college and I don't have a job right now. I'm not a professional beer taster, I can't officially judge beer competitions, I've never homebrewed (although that is soon to change and I did learn last week [all-grain yet]), I don't have a job in the brewing industry, and I have not developed my taste for Belgians yet. But I'm not a total newbie either. I was lucky enough to have folks interested in microbrews so I do have a year of tasting under my belt. And I'm completely dedicated.

Although I can't lie. I have been known to indulge in Iron City Light during Penguins games.

I promise this blog will never mention IC Light again. But I do hope to mention my beer travels, post beer pictures, promote beer tastings, and eventually demonstrate the evolution of my taste buds to include even those peculiar Belgians.

So welcome! I do hope you check back!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're the only person I know who calls it "Iron City Light." hehe

Amanda B. said...

I like to be as clear as possible. Besides, saying it as Iron City makes it sound classier. And don't you dare call it Iron Shitty or we'll be fighting.